At her blog, Lin hosts this thing called Random Thursday (along with two other lovely ladies), which I stumbled upon when reading everything she has written between now and pretty much high school (talk about stalking here *g*), and I decided to take part. So this here is basically my first real "Random Thursday", even though Random is my middle name. They give you a topic for each week (and they send the topic for the week after that, too, so you can plan ahead!), and this week it's...
If I had $1 million...
This makes me sound like a jerk, but $1 million isn't that much money. It's not the kind of money to quit your job for - besides, I love my job, so I wouldn't quit it anyways. Of course, the hubs and I have often talked about winning money and what we'd do with it. We even won the lottery once, but it was only about $15, so not worth getting your panties in a bunch over. And since we decide money matters together, this is the list the we probably would have come up with together, too.
- I'm kind of a boring person, so first of I would use a lot of the money to do reasonable things around the house. Pay off the mortgage, have the house painted, that kind of stuff. It's too boring to even write about. My home is my castle, so I'd try to make it even prettier and invest a lot of the moola in it.
- Even though our family royally gets on our nerves sometimes, I'd give some of the money to them.
- We'd use some of the money for a charity that we love, a pet rescue group where we got our dog Coca. Maybe we'd see what other charities we could support.
- I'd buy the perfect pair of shoes. Don't know which one it will be, but it will be a perfect black pair of shoes that calls me "mommy". When I was I high school I dreamt of a pair of Gucci shoes, but I never got around to buying them because (a) when I had the money, the pair I craved weren't sold anymore, and (b) I would have been too chicken to even enter a Gucci store. There, I said it.
- We'd travel. And I'd be prepared. For occasions like the million dollar lottery win (yes, it will be a lottery win if I ever get $1 million, because I don't have any millionaire aunts or uncles, nor do I want to be adopted by some weird rich old prince) I keep my handy travel bucket list up-to-date.
- Oh, I still have some money left? I can hardly believe it! Well, maybe I'll treat the kids of my village to some new playground toys (they are hilarious and really cool - when they see me walking the dog, they always shout "Hello, Coca!", even if they're at the other end of the football field). And I'll have a big party in my new basement bar - but I'll have it catered so I don't have to lift a finger. Sounds good, right?
Have a fantastic Random Thursday!